Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Easter

This year was the first year Xander was able to enjoy Easter.  The Easter bunny came and left some eggs full of chocolate, tattoos, and dinky cars(I am very happy he did not fill all the eggs with chocolate!).  He made it very easy for Xander to find the eggs(with Mommy's help), and the look on his face when one dropped and broke open and he saw the chocolate was amazing.  Then he saw the table with all of his gifts, and seemed to be pretty impressed that he was getting stuff. 

Once he was done checking out his loot, we called the neighbours to see if they wanted to go out for breakfast with us, but instead invited us over to their house for brunch.  Xander, Daddy, and Tyler played like the boys they are while I, Cathy, and Cortney made brunch.  It was delicious! I even made letter pancakes for the kids like my Dad used to for my sister and I on holiday mornings.  Once brunch was done Cathy and I made some tarts for her Easter dinner she was going to that night, then we sat down and relaxed for a little bit and just relaxed until they had to leave for their dinner.

When we got home, and Xander was done his nap, we decided it was time for Xander's Easter photoshoot.  I put him in his diaper and the same ears we wore last year, decorated the chalkboard(I LOVE my chalkboard), and fed him some chocolate and started taking pictures.  He is such a ham with the camera and they turned out perfect!  It was a wonderful Easter and I am thankful for wonderful friends and great company!

No comments:

Post a Comment