Thursday, April 5, 2012

Cake decorating class at Michael's!


This week Cortney and I had our first cake decorating class.  I have been wanting to do this class for a LONG time, but my schedule would not allow it.  Now that I have a set schedule(for the most part), I am taking advantage of it and finally taking the class!  Being the first class there was a lot of introduction on what we will be doing, and what the different tools are and what they do, just a basic overview of the course.  We had to bring 6 flat cookies to decorate, and me being the keener that I am, and being so close to Easter, I made a whole batch of sugar cookies in the shapes of bunny heads, and Easter eggs.  Everyone thought they were cute.  We only had about 15 minutes of actual hands on decorating, but it was enough to have some fun! We just learned and practiced the basic star decorating, and only did 3 cookies.  I am so excited for next week as we need to bake a cake for class and bring it in to actually decorate!  I am looking SO forward to it! I will keep you all posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment