Thursday, April 26, 2012

Basic Cake decorating class at Michael’s – Final class

This week was our last week for class and we had to make a full cake.  We needed to prepare the cake prior to class, which ended up being a 3 layer cake. I neglected to put wax paper on the bottom of the cake pans for the first cake, so I ended up throwing out one layer that completely fell apart when I tried to take it out of the pan.  I also put chocolate pudding between each layer, and completely iced in in plain white icing.

Once we arrived at class we set up all of our materials, which I remembered everything this time!  First we learned the proper technique for printing and cursive on the cake. 
I was pretty good at that, the teacher even complimented me on it(YAY ME!).  Then we got into doing the roses.  I have been so excited to learn how to do these, but also super apprehensive due to the fact that I do not have very steady hands.  She showed us how to do one, and then let us take time to practice and then we got to finish out cakes however we wanted.  I made a total of 7 roses and was happy with most of them.  They are not perfect, but for my first time I was pretty happy.  I will definitely be practicing these because they look gorgeous when they are done correctly! 

I am super happy with my very first cake using all the techniques I have learned in class, and look forward to being able to practice and make many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment