Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Cake decorating class #3 at Michael's

This weeks class focused on cupcakes, and as you all know I LOVE me my cupcakes, so I was super excited for this weeks class!  We had to bring 6 cupcakes to decorate, icing already colored and ready to go, a batch of plain white icing, and all of our assorted tips, bags, and doodads. 

We arrived to class a little early so we could set up(yes, I am a keener in this class), and I noticed I was missing ALL my tips and doodads that came with my student kit.  Thank goodness I brought my box of tips, because I was able to substitute some of those with the ones I was supposed to use. 

We learned first how to do drop flowers, rosettes, shells, and leaves.  Once we finished practicing those we moved on to filling our cupcakes.  That is one messy job if you are new at it.  Cortney and I had blueberry filling everywhere, but we got the hang of it and although the cupcakes are probably a little too full and may explode upon eating, it seems to have worked.  Once we iced the cupcakes with plain white swirls, we learned how to do the shaggy mums. 

We had the rest of the class to practice what we learned and to decorate our cupcakes.  I am so happy I am taking this course.  I am learning so much and it is helping me make much more fun and professional looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment