Monday, March 7, 2011

First night away from Alexander




Last night was our first night letting Alexander sleep over at Grandma and Grandpa's. We were invited to a party, and decided that it would be the perfect opportunity to see how Alexander would fair without us for a night. In reality it was a trial to see how I do without him for a night. I trust my parents fully and completely, I mean my sister and I turned out pretty good, so I knew he would be fine. We are lucky in the fact that because breastfeeding never really worked for us, and I stopped pumping a few weeks ago due to dwindling supply. Because of this it was easy to be able to go out and not worry about having to find a private area to pump and dump. I gave my mom all the intructions, kissed my little man, and off we went. I got into the car and immediately told my husband that as soon as we got to the party I needed a drink so I didn't drive right back to my parents. We got to the party, I had my drink, and from then I was ok. I thought about him the entire time, and kept looking at my watch to try to figure out what they were doing. i.e feeding, going to bed, ect. I successfully went without calling my parents until this morning, and found out that he woke up twice during the night, which he does not do at home. When my mom told me about him waking up during the night, she followed it up by saying she was pretty sure he was looking for me. Well, that is all she had to say to get me into the car and on our way back to my parents for some much needed cuddles! I am very happy that we did it and were able to get out for a night of adults only for the first time, and i know it will get easier now that we have 1 night under our belt. Everyone needs a night out every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment