Wednesday, March 2, 2011

c-sections...scary and creepy!

The day finally arrived to for out bundle of joy(we did not find out what we were having) to arrive. The c-section was scheduled for 12:00 Friday November 5th. We woke up at 4am so that I could have something to eat, and to make sure we had everything packed. We got to the hospital and they put me in a birthing room to get my IV and relax(yeah right) until they were ready to start.


Now, up until this point I was honestly doing fine and not freaked out. i was perfectly fine with the c-section, it was the spinal that I was scared of. I knew it was the spinal that was going to hurt, and that I wouldn't feel a thing during the c-section. When they give you a spinal they sit you on the side of the operating table with a nurse in front of you trying to hold you steady while you are trying to hunch over, with a HUGE belly in the way, then they have the nerve to say "now don't move". Well DUH! I know I am not supposed to move, however you are trying to stick a needle in my spine!! PLUS they don't allow your husband in the room while they are doing it! Needless to say I flinched, more than once. Once it was don't they let my husband in, and he sat down next to my head and held my hand. As the freezing was going through my body I got this creepy sick feeling. I felt the tingling like when you get frozen at the dentist, but the tingling didn't go away! I started to panic. I could hear my heart rate speed up due to the monitor on my finger. I thought I was going to feel it when the Dr. made the first incision. When I realized I was being an idiot(well, when the Dr. said she was almost there), I finally relaxed and then feeling of knowing they were pushing and pulling to get our baby out, and feeling my shoulders moving side to side and not feeling anything else....CREEPY! Finally the Dr. got the baby out and showed my husband so he could tell me that it was a BOY!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment