Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Being pregnant is not all it's cracked up to be

OK, I know that some people are not going to be happy about my complaining, because I WAS able to get pregnant in the end, but after going through what I went through to get pregnant I feel I have every right to complain! I figured that I had gone through the crappy part and the rest would be smooth sailing, boy was I wrong! I have always been told that being pregnant was a wonderful time, and to enjoy it and my changing body. BULL! Don't get me wrong I did love the fact that I was finally pregnant, but it certainly was not the "wonderful" time I was led to believe it would be. It started off with that wonderful feeling, and I never really got any morning sickness, but I think I got just about everything else, migraines, heartburn, then I was put on sick leave 15 weeks before my due date because I couldn't sit at my desk for very long due to severe lower back pain. I ended up spending the latter part of my pregnancy in bed watching TV and reading(which is great at first...but you try spending that long in bed..NOT as great after a few days). I wanted to help with the bay's room, clean(REALLY and nesting urges), but when I tried anything I would end up in tears from the pain and right back in bed. We then found out that the baby was breech...ok REALLY?!?!? By this time I didn't think anything else could go wrong, but by was I wrong. I got sick, no biggie, until I sneezed and my child big head(as per the ultrasound technicians) decided to crack a rib. They decided to go forward and try to flip the baby into the correct position even though I had the cracked rib. I went to the appointment and I don't think I lasted 30 seconds before I said stop, enough! So the c-section was scheduled. I will add however that even if I knew what I was going to have to go through, I would have done it just to have my handsome little man.

No comments:

Post a Comment