Sunday, March 18, 2012

The week the flu broke in



This week started off innocently enough. Monday and Tuesday passed without incident. Then Wednesday happened. It started well. I had decided to take a cake decorating class, because I want to learn more techniques and master the ones that I do now. On the way home from signing up for the course I started to feel very ill. Once we got home it was official...the flu had finally made it into the house. I have not had the flu for as long as I can remember. I honestly didn't think that I had ever had it, until I was informed otherwise from my parents. We did everything in our power to keep it away from Xander. I washed my hands more frequently, I disinfected, I didn't share cutlery, but come Saturday morning 4am, it was clear, Xander had his first case of the flu. I had to change his bedding, his clothes, then my clothes. I wish there was a way for a mother to take the flu away from their little ones and take it for themselves. But I think just about every mother feels that way. He seemed better during the day, so we were able to go outside to enjoy the beautiful day, but we kept it close to home. Seeing it was St. Patrick's Day, we figured we should get a picture of him to commemorate the day. No crazy celebrations for us this year, but it had it's fun moments. Now Mike seems to have it. Hopefully now that we have all had it, it will go away and not come back. I am glad this week is over, and looking forward to the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment