Sunday, March 4, 2012

Here we go!

Seeing as my commitment to keeping up with this weekly started last night, I don't have much to write about, but here goes...

Baking. I love baking. I am not much of a cook, although I am getting better, and experimenting more. But baking is a passion of mine. I find it relaxing, fun, and totally relieves my stress. I am completely obsessed with Pinterest, and was looking at health snack options for Xander, when I came across a couple that seemed easy enough to do tonight. I made my usual Banana chocolate chip muffins to start, then while they were in the oven I made Chocolate peanut butter oatmeal bars. Seriously, they took me 3 minutes. I can't believe how easy they are, and that they are relatively good for you! I highly recommend them. I am going to be making them a lot!

http://www.loveveggiesandyoga.com/2011/01/microwave-chocolate-peanut-butter-oat-snack-bars.html

Once those were done and my first batch of muffins were done, I moved onto Apple cinnamon oatmeal muffins. The website said they were easy so I figured why not start another kind! There were more ingredients than my regular muffins, and I messed up by adding some wet ingredients into the dry ingredient bowl because I just wasn't paying enough attention. But despite my mistake, they turned out fabulous too!

http://cathlincooks.blogspot.com/2009/03/apple-cinnamon-oatmeal-muffins.html

I am excited to find more recipes like this to keep my baking changing and growing!

No comments:

Post a Comment