Sunday, March 11, 2012

Perfect day to play outside and make a cake

This week has been a pretty slow week in respect to us doing anything worth writing about, until today. Today the temperature was B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!! We had plans to visit our good friend Shannon, who recently had a baby boy, then to my parents. Shannon is sick, so we decided to head to my parents early so Xander could take advantage of playing outside. Xander had SO much fun. We brought a little ride on toy to keep at Grandma and Grandpa's, and he had a blast riding it, but seemed to enjoy making us chase him and splashing in every possible puddle much more. It was wonderful to watch him experience these things for the first time. After Xander went down for his nap, my mom and I started the cake for my husband Mike's birthday(which is tomorrow). I have been wanting to try fondant decorating for awhile, but I am apprehensive about making it myself, so we decided to go to Michael's craft store to see what they had in terms of pre made fondant, and accessories. The cost of the store bought fondant BLEW my mind even with the 40% discount coupon, so we decided to to butter cream icing for the cake, and do just the decorations with fondant. I bought a multi colour pack, and a couple of shape cutters, and started. I am actually very happy with how it turned out, however I think I really do want to try to make it to see how it turns out. Xander is now having a TWO night sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa's. It's going to be a quiet and relaxing couple of nights! Today was a perfect day all around. Happy early Birthday handsome. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment