Monday, July 22, 2013

Baby shower cupcakes


I made some cupcakes for a friend for her baby shower(same one as the diaper cake and cake).  She loves my rainbow cakes for I made up a batch mixing in all the colours she liked in my list.  

Since she is having a girl chose to do the icing in pink and white.  I took a piece of cardboard and placed it into the icing bag, and filled one side with pink icing, and the other with white icing.  Then with help from my fabulous husband, I carefully(with cursing) pulled out the piece of cardboard and iced the cake with the 2D Wilton tip. It gives it the dual coloured swirl look, since I didn't want plain pink.  Topped them with small pearl sprinkles and some fabulous toppers i found and The Dollar Tree and they were done! They were a big hit! 



No comments:

Post a Comment