Thursday, August 1, 2013

Baby Shower Cake


Continuing my last post, I made a cake for the baby shower as well! I was a little worried about this one, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Again I stated by making the cake which I decided to make 2 layers(I find 1 in the Wilton cake pans seem small). I mixed all the different colours again for the multi coloured look, cooled them, and went to town.

I started with the plain white flat icing areas(handle and wheels), then mixed the different colours of icing.  I needed to make 2 batches of icing due to the 2 layers.  

Once I was satisfied with those areas, I moved on to the buggy visor(sun shade). I chose pink and purple since the baby is a girl. 

I did the wheels next in purple and pink to match the visor. Then I did the carriage in yellow with round silver sprinkles for accents. (To be honest in hindsight, I wish I had chosen pink and white, and done the carriage itself purple, but it turned out pretty regardless). I  happy to say that Mommy-to-be was surprised and loved it! 




No comments:

Post a Comment