Monday, July 22, 2013

Baby shower diaper cake


One of my closest friends is expecting her first baby and I am super excited!! She is having a girl(supposedly) and I want to spoil her and her mommy(daddy too by extension). I love making things, so I decided to make her a diaper cake, cupcakes, and a cake for her shower. Diaper cakes are time consuming, and the diaper rolling can be mind numbing and boring, but the presentation is awesome. I found some little things to glue on at the Dollar Store, and Babies R Us and went at it. 

I started by rolling and entire box containing 108 of size 1 Pampers diapers and wrapping an elastic around each one(Sorry Sophie, they are a pain to get off when you need them!!). Then I placed all the diapers in each tier and wrapped it with a larger elastic to hold them in place.  Once they were stacked, I placed chop sticks through all 3 tiers to hold the cake together.  I dug out my hot glue gun and began glueing the ribbon around each tier, double wrapping the second tier for more of a cute effect. 

I then glued on each item I had purchased, not including the ice pack and soothers, for fear they might melt). I did not like the ducky on top as it didn't really match, so an Instagram mommy suggested a poof for the bath, and it looked MUCH better! I wrapped it up with clear wrap and tied a cute bow and VOILA! I LOVE how it turned out! It's a really easy and inexpensive way of presenting a gift of diapers rather than just giving the box! And everyone knows you always need the travel size shampoos and moisturizers and ice packs! 


No comments:

Post a Comment