Saturday, August 16, 2014

Tie Dye Lady bug cake



This cake I made for a friends little girl who specifically asked for a tie dye cake by me, so how could I say no?!  It's a 2 layer tie dye Ladybug cake made using the Wilton cake pan that you can rent at any Bulk Barn.  I will admit, i don't make my own cake mixes, I use the Betty Crocker ones as I find the are moist and light.  

I started by mixing the different colours of batter in bowls, and poured them into the pan individually. These pans take a full cake mix per pan, so I did this process twice, as I only had one cake pan. Once baked, I stacked them one on top of the other and started decorating!



I am not a professional, and there is always something that I wish could be better on every cake I do....but I am trying to get past it!  

No comments:

Post a Comment