Sunday, July 10, 2011

Cottage playdate #1

My niece and nephew were up at my parents cottage for a week so I figured it would be a great time to have Alexander's first cottage playdate that week. Jill, and Shannon were in for the playdate as it's relaxing for them too, so everything was set! We headed out in the morning and got there just in time for a swim. The kids LOVED playing in the water. Of course this year again, Shannon and Jill didn't get all the way in the water, so I was the only playing, but it was fun. We got the moms a little wet with water guns and had them on the run for a little. After a short swim, we had a wonderful lunch provided by my mom the consisted of sandwiches, fruit, veggies, deviled eggs, chips, and cheezies. It was DELISH! When everyone was sufficiently satisfied, I decided Alexander was in a good enough mood to go for a short boat ride before he had to go for his nap. This year the girls were brave enough to drive the boat and seemed to think it was neat. They also liked to look out the back and see the wake that the boat left. When we got back, Alexander when down for his nap and the girls and I went for another swim. While we were swimming, my parents set up the tube that gets towed behind the boat, so the kids could have a quick ride. Mackenzie is still too young so Lilly and Rhiannon got to go together and had a blast! I went with Tanner and it was so much fun! After the tube rides, we all got dressed and my mom had a surprise for the girls, S'MORES!!! I have not have s'mores since I was at Girl Guide camp so it was a YUMMY treat! Last but not least we celebrated Alexander's 8th Monthday with his cupcake. Seeing as he is not yet allowed to eat his cupcake, Lilly and Mackenzie got to share it. It was a great day spent with wonderful friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment